How to Consign
How Many Items Can I Consign at One Time?
- For your first visit we ask that you bring no more than 25 pieces of clothing and shoes.
- Once you are an established consignor you may bring up to 50 pieces of clothing, handbags and jewelry for a drop off!
- There is no limit on the amount of designer handbags or better quality jewelry that you may bring in for consignment.
Do You Buy Clothes?
We do not buy or trade clothing, we are what is considered as "true consignment". That means you will receive a payment once your clothing sells during our 60 day term and you will receive 40% of the selling price.
Here's how consignment works at Charisma:
- Your clothing will be on our sales floor for 60 days and after they sell you will receive 40% of the selling price.
- Any item priced over $100.00 will be on the sales floor for 90 days and you will receive 50% of the selling price (This will usually be designer handbags, jewelry and perfume).
- Any items not sold within your specified term must be collected or you may choose to donate them. If you choose to collect your items, we do require 7 days notice before you come to collect them. If you do not come and collect your items 5 business days after your consignment term ends, then your items will be donated to one of our charities.
Do I need an appointment to consign (new or established consignor)?
The short answer is no, new or established consignor, you do not need an appointment.
New Consignors: You are welcomed to come by with your max of 25 items any time on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm or Thursday between the hours of 2 pm and 8 pm. You can bring up to 25 items, neatly folded in a basket, or reusable bag, or hung on hanger. Items brought in a garbage bag will not be reviewed.
Established Consignors: If you are an established consignor, we offer a quick drop off on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm or Thursday between the hours of 2 pm and 8 pm ! When you do a "drop and go" you will have the option to either have us donate the items that we do not accept or you can return within 48 hours to pick up the clothing that we do not accept. You can bring up to 50 items, neatly folded in a basket, or reusable bag, or hung on hanger. Items brought in a garbage bag will not be reviewed.
How should I bring in my clothes?
All clothing should be freshly laundered, free of any holes, stains and odors.
Clothing must be brought in on hangers or neatly folded in a laundry basket.
Clothing brought in plastic bags will NOT be accepted.
Shoes must be clean. Any shoes with mud, grime, or gum stuck on them will not be reviewed for consignment.